NR30 "INDIGENOUS" SDS MODEL LOCOMOTIVES the NR 30 WARMI NON POWERED MODEL.
THIS IS THE NEW REWORKED CORRECTED DETAIL BODY NR MODEL
- Highly detailed Ready-to-Run HO gauge model
- Precisely tooled plastic body (ABS)
- Genuine Kadee scale head whisker coupler
- Separately applied handrails and detail parts
- 5-Pole skew wound electric motor and dual flywheels
- All wheel drive and electrical pickup
- LED headlights, marker lights, number boxes and ditch lights
NR 30 Warmi
In late 1997 National Rail Corporation out-shopped two NR class locomotives bearing indigenous design based on the work by Alice Springs artist Bessie Liddle.
The first was launched in Sydney by Cathy Freeman in November 1997, Warmi NR30, featuring an Aboriginal Dreaming story. Decorated by Bessie after a Warmi dot painting showing a snake, bush tucker and women’s footprints.
The second was launched in Alice Springs by Mark Vaile in December 1997, Kungara Mankurpa NR52, this design depicts the Star Dreaming story Seven Sisters. Decorated by Bessie, a dot painting showing the travels of the Seven Sisters and their pursuit by the Snake Man in Pitjantjatjara country.
The production is limited to a total of 660 units across the 6 options and is fully licensed by the artist's agency.