DJH "NEW" NEW SOUTH WALES AD60 GARRATT LOCOMOTIVE KIT #E165
Sorry, this item is out of stock
NSWR AD60 GARRATT 4-8-4+4-8-4
The NSWGR AD60 class Beyer-Garratt was one of only two 4-8-4+4-8-4 type Garratts in the world. A total of 42 locomotives were built in two batches by Beyer, Peacock and Co. of Manchester, England. The first of the class entered service in July 1952 and the last in 1957 and were numbered 6001 to 6042. The tractive effort was a massive 59,600lbs/27.030 kilos and they weighed 256 tons, with a maximum axle load of 16½ tons (on the trucks). They were mainly used for coal haulage in the Blue Mountains to the West of Sydney but soon they were hauling heavy freight over most of the NSW rail system with the first being withdrawn in February 1955 and the last one in March 1973. Four of the class have been preserved, 6029, 6039, 6040 and 6042.
Kit features: One Piece Cast Boiler/Smokebox/Firebox, cast Cab, Cab Roof, Backhead, Water Tank, Cylinders and various other parts. Brass and Nickel Silver Etched parts include; Coal Bunker sides/end, factory pre-assembled Valvegear, Chassis frames and other smaller parts. Comes complete with Motor/Gearbox and Wheels. Only requires transfers, couplings, solder and paint to complete